My tabletop castle fountain sprung a leak in its moat basin, so I made a resin-covered mosaic of rainbow iridescent CD pieces to line the bottom of the basin and seal the leaks. I learned how to easily cut CDs and DVDs for my earlier aurora earring project. For the castle moat, I used leftover CD pieces from that learning process.
The previously cream-colored fountain had numerous algae and water stains. Therefore, I decided to refurbish it with gray spray paint before beginning the mosaic moat project. I wish I had taken a “before” picture to show its dramatic improvement!
Now it is leak free. The mosaic bottom of the castle’s moat also catches the light and enhances the fountain’s water effects. I’m very pleased with its transformation!